UK Registration Recognition for Australia
The UK Registration Recognition is applicable to eligible applicants with current UK architect registration. This process recognises applicants’ UK registration and relevant qualifications simultaneously.
UK architects seeking to be registered (licensed) in Australia must have the following:
- Accredited qualifications, being either:
- United Kingdom Architects Registration Board (UK ARB) prescribed qualifications Part 1 and Part 2, or
- An accredited New Zealand or Australian qualification*.
- UK ARB registration through Part 3.
- UK ARB Registration not gained through foreign reciprocity.
All Australian States and Territories’ registration boards will be participating in all pathways.
However, for the UK MRA pathway, to be registered in Western Australia applicants must first register in any other state or territory in Australia and then apply through the standard Australian mutual recognition acts.
*Please note accredited qualifications from Hong Kong and Singapore are not included in the Mutual Recognition Agreement.
- UK ARB Certificate of Eligibility: Applicants must obtain their Certificate of Eligibility from UK ARB prior to applying to AACA.
- AACA Assessment Application: Please refer to the following key documents:
Applications are generally finalised within 8 weeks. Timeframes are dependent upon the submission of all required documentation and the interview schedule.
After successfully completing an assessment application and interview with AACA, applicants will receive an AACA Statement of Recognition. This statement can be submitted to State and Territory Architect Registration Boards in Australia to facilitate registration (additional fees and lodgements apply).
Applicants can also request from AACA an Australian Migration Skills Assessment for the occupation ‘Architect’, ANZSCO code 232111.
Application Fees – Australia only
UK Registration Recognition $4,900
A card transaction surcharge applies to all payments (1.49% for Australian cards and 2.9% for international cards). Application fees for ARB UK are not included in the figures above.