Mutual recognition with New Zealand applies through the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement.
Australian registered architects wishing to become registered in New Zealand under the terms of this agreement should contact the New Zealand Registered Architects Board.
Architects from New Zealand seeking registration in Australia should apply directly to the Architects Registration Board in their State/Territory. The eight Boards in Australia are:
- NSW Architects Registration Board
- Architects Registration Board of Victoria
- Board of Architects of Queensland
- The Architectural Practice Board of South Australia
- Architects Board of Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory Architects Board
- Board of Architects of Tasmania
- Northern Territory Architects Board